"I went to a place to eat. It said 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance". --Steven Wright ... If you are a devotee of time travel, check out this song...

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A Great Moment for America!

It was wonderful and inspiring watching Hillary Clinton step up to claim the Democratic nomination for President a few minutes ago.  I only wish I could have seen this historic moment in person instead of on television.

As I've said many times since 2008, the Democratic primary back then presented a very tough decision for me. Two excellent candidates - Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.  The election of either would right a profound historical wrong in our country.  I went with Obama, by a very narrow margin in my mind. I've never had cause to regret that, but I always hoped I would have a chance to correct the other wrong.

And tonight it's clear we have been given that chance - the opportunity to elect the first woman President in the United States.  Obviously, the candidate has to be more than a woman to deserve any thinking-person's vote.  I would have voted for almost any privileged, rich white dude instead of someone like Sarah Palin.

But Hillary will be a superb candidate, progressive and strong, on every important issue, including gun control, health care, and all the things the Republicans are so retrogressive and wrong about. And as a former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton probably has more foreign policy experience than any candidate for President since, I don't know, Thomas Jefferson.

All that's left is for Hillary Clinton to beat the worst candidate for President by a major party in my lifetime.  That should be easy.  But it won't.  It never is.  The media have to do more than they've done until very recently in reporting the ravings, lies, and inconsistencies of the Republican candidate for President.  We all need to do whatever we can - Bernie supporters as well as Hillary supporters - to see that Trump is defeated and Hillary Clinton is in the White House in 2017.

No comments:

InfiniteRegress.tv